11.23.2006

Happy Thanksgiving!


Happy Thanksgiving to all the readers of the RYW blog! I hope you're all having a great and relaxing day.


I can hear you thinking "Relaxing? Is he serious?" Well, I'll share two things that should help. The first is the email I sent to the church school teachers this week with their lesson plan:


"I hope you'll get some rest. In fact, go to your to-do list right now, cross something off and replace it with "Rest and be with God." It's vital that we relax so that we're at our best when God needs our attention."


And the second is this recipe for pizza sauce, either for a turkey emergency or the aftermath of the world's biggest shopping day, tomorrow.

1 15-oz can whole peeled tomatoes, any brand
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon shredded or ground parmesan cheese
1 1/2 teaspoons pizza seasoning
I clove crushed garlic

Put all the ingredients in a blender and pick a button. When it's smooth, put it in a saucepan and simmer for 90 minutes.

Happy Thanksgiving, blessed children of God!
(Photo is hard rolls for 35, my contribution to dinner tonight!)

No comments: