8.27.2006

Sunday Poll

Teaching a Bible class (literally, a class introducing 3rd graders to their new Bibles and showing them how to use the Book) in my previous parish, I asked the kids if they had any questions. One little girl's hand shot up before I finished asking.

"Isaac," she said, "who made God?"

Her brother had another zinger. "What would happen if God got fired from being God?"

On this year's mission trip, a cascade of students came up in the evenings with serious questions. "Are there different levels of sin?" and "I saw some people at a youth event once who were falling down and speaking strange languages. What were they doing and is it Christian?" were two of my favorites.

Question for you, fellow youth ministers: What are some of the best (funniest, hardest, most insightful) questions your students have asked you?

No comments: