3.31.2006

The Rookie's Library 3/31/06

What I'm Reading:

"Queen Bee Moms and Kingpin Dads: Dealing with the Parents, Teachers, Coaches and Counselors who can make or break your child's Future" by Rosalind Wiseman (C) 2006 Crown Publishing ISBN 1400083001 (I'm reading this book before Wiseman's previos work "Queen Bees and Wannabes" and it is a very valuable insight into adult social networks and how they affect youth ministers who work with these adults.)

"The Coffee Trader" by David Liss (C) 2004 Ballantine Books ISBN 0375760903

"Blog: Understanding the Information Reformation that's changing your World" by Hugh Hewitt (C) 2005 Nelson Books ISBN 078521187X

What I'm Watching:

"The BC" (Boston College students record and webcast their parody of Fox's "The OC")

"South Park" (especially the "Life without Chef" episode and the "Scientology" episode, both of which have caused a lot of controversy-- link to Google News search)

"American Inventor" on ABC

"Star Trek: New Voyages" webcast (a new cast remakes Star Trek: TOS to continue the original five-year mission)

What I'm Hearing:

"The Morning Show" weekly podcast from Minnesota Public Radio

"Living on the Edge" with Chip Ingram

"A New Beginning" with Greg Laurie

Best Line from Tennis:

"I can't hear you when you say nice things anymore; I have all this trash in my ear!"

No comments: