12.31.2006

There's something different about us...

Yesterday, walking downtown to pick up a friend of mine, who's in town for Urbana 06, I ended up behind a bunch of young adults from the same conference. I walked with them for a half-block or so and then one of the guys in front called back, "Hey, guy in orange!" (I was wearing orange, duh!) "Do we know you?"

"No," I said.

"Well, we do now." That started a pretty cool conversation; who we all were, where we worked, which ministries we wanted to be part of. And I thought how cool that was, that these people were willing to start talking. And I firmly believe that's one of the marks we need to be building up in our youth; a readiness to meet new people and become their friends, even in short doses like my walk between the parking place and the hotel.

No comments: