3.31.2008

Announcing: LifeAsGodsHouse.com


Hi Everybody:

For the past year or so I've been playing around with the idea of changing things up here at Rookie Youthworker. I started this blog with the idea that I would always be "a rookie;" always learning something new, always challenging the way I did youth ministry to make it better, more Godly, more effective, but never claiming to be an expert or to have learned all I would need.

Today I'm announcing the opening of a brand-new blog called "Life As God's House."

This blog's intention was to always write hard-hitting, usable or theological youth ministry reflections and ideas and use my rookie philosophy to help improve other people's ministries too. But what I noticed about all the other great youth ministry blogs I read was that they had more in them than just Bible study plans and problems to solve; they talked about the bloggers' families, hobbies, and other things like that.

My new philosophy (catch the reference, anybody?) is this: Life is a ministry.

If I say "Ministry is my life" I'm usually complaining about how much time it takes, and how little attention I have to pay to everything else because of the work I do for my youth group.

But "My life is a ministry" is an affirmation that when I take up a new hobby, that's part of my ministry. When I read a book just for me and talk about it with someone, that's part of my ministry. An accountability group I work with told me that one of the things they noticed when we checked in was that I never talked about what I was doing for "Isaac time," and I realized they were right.

So check out the new blog, let me know what I can do to make it better, and let's explore what it means to live ministry together!

No comments: