12.28.2005

The Youth Minister's To-Do List

What It Says:

Build relationships with students so that I can
Help students build relationships with Christ so that they can
Know their unique place for ministry in the church family.

What It Looks Like

Answer my phone when it rings after midnight
Indulge my Starbucks addiction to talk about grades
Send birthday cards
Go to middle school orchestra concerts
Chaperon high school dances
Judge debate tournaments
Drive a van full of other people's children into a city of 2.5 million
Pray through my youth directory
Invent creative ways to say "chocolate syrup dodge ball" so the church board believes it's theological
Remember all their names
Know who their parents are
And at the end of the day, say "God, I did not finish this job today, so I'll need you to hold my place until I come back to it."

No comments: